Patent pending solar cooker for flat system
Patent granted for custard apple deseeding machine
Our company presents SUNDISH solar cooker.
Our company worked on innovative products and solar energy products for the past 25 years. This has gained respect among people. This company has brought many patent filed products in the market. Among them, one is SUNDISH SOLAR COOKER. Design part of this product was taken care by “Design Direction” company.
SUNDISH has many specialties.
Day by day, gas, electricity, etc fuels are becoming costlier and hence cooking food is also becoming a costly process as well. Our country has abundant solar energy. Out of 365 days, we receive pure sun light for more than 320 days. This pure sunlight can be used for making food using solar cookers. As the food in this solar cooker is cooked in low temperature, the real color, taste, smell and the nutritional values are retained and the food is tastier.
The food can be cooked in 2-2:30 hours in a solar cooker which depends upon sunshine. So if we keep the food material in the solar cooker by 9 or 9:30 it will become ready by around the lunch time. Another advantage of using solar cooker is that the food does not burn in the solar cooker (only if the solar cooker is adjusted properly according to the sunlight) and it also remains hot for 4 to 5 hours. The vessels are made with good quality steel which further facilitates the good cooking of food. Also the material used for the structure of the solar cooker is rust free.
Everyone loves food which is cooked with the help of solar cooker. But these days the number of bungalows in the city areas is decreasing and multi-storied buildings have taken most of the space. Therefore it is not necessary that each and every flat will receive appropriate sunlight and will have proper place for placing a solar cooker. Keeping these difficulties in mind our company has designed a solar cooker named SUNDISH and the patent of it is filed.
Some of the benefits of SUNDISH are:
- It doesn’t need any special place: each and every flat has a balcony or a window. According to our comfort, this cooker can be kept below the window that is parapet wall just like we keep potted plants. This cooker can be kept on the floor as well. Due to its advantages all can be its beneficiaries.
- Utensils of the solar cooker can be kept and removed easily: in an ordinary solar cooker, utensils are to be removed or kept by opening a glass frame. It increases the risk of burning and breakage of glass frame . But in SUNDISH solar cooker, the method of keeping or removing the utensils is different. Here, utensils are kept one below the another. It has a stand due to which it becomes easier and does not have any risk of getting burned. It has a lid which also is not needed to tighten.
- There is no need of adjustment from time to time: in an ordinary solar cooker, after the utensils are kept, there is a need to check the adjustment of the mirror. But in SUNDISH solar cooker, at the beginning when we adjust the mirror, there is no need to pay attention thereafter. The food is ready after 2 and a half to 3 hours. Today grilled food or barbeque is famous. For cooking food on t=grill, there is different attachment of the cooker. Food grilled with less heat that is vegetables, taste delicious. In addition to that roasting of different products, dhokla, biscuits and many more food items can be cooked easily. If each and every person starts cooking food in SUNDISH, it will be beneficial not only for the user but also for the world. It is cost effective and eco-friendly.
- As each and every home has a favorite gadget of their own, our company hopes that one day SUNDISH SOLAR COOKER will also shine in different homes.
“SAFAL”. Custard apple de-seeding machine.
Custard apple is a very delicious fruit and has good medicinal values but it is difficult to eat and process. It has been cultivated in India (Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh, Karnataka, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Rajasthan, Mizoram, Kerala, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh) , Southern Florida, Malaya, Southeast Asia, Hawaii, Vietnam, southern Mexico, South America, tropical Africa, Australia, Indonesia, Polynesia, Brazil, Chile, Egypt, Israel, Burma, the Philippines, Spain, Sri Lanka, and, in the U.S. But processors are facing many challenges. Custard apple is harvested from June to November in India, at some places it is harvested in between august and September or November. Custard apples grow best in sandy loam soils, but well-structured clay loams are also suitable. Custard apple tree seeds grow more rapidly in temperatures between 64 and 77 degrees Fahrenheit. The major climatic factors limiting commercial production of custard apples are temperature and humidity. Warm, well-protected, frost-free sites in districts receiving a predominantly summer rainfall are the places where custard apples are found in large number. From the data by national horticulture board, 228.35 thousand tons of custard apple produced in India itself.
Custard apple, which is grown under various names across the world, has a huge demand in the country and abroad. In recent years, the use ofCustard apple has increased in ice-cream and fruit shakes. However, processors are failing to meet the demand due to short shelf-life of the fruit and availability of no machines for separation of seeds from sitaphal’s pulp. Custard apple has very less shelf life. It is grown in remote areas of countries, and hence it needs to be transported in the outskirts or outside the countries which eventually destroys the custard apple and it gets wasted. There is non-availability of transportation at times. Whenever the season is high, large numbers of custard apple gets ripen which at times results in the damage of the fruit. There is difficulty in transportation as the fruit is very soft and is easy to break.
Current scenario – processing of custard apple and challenges
It is processed manually. Processing it in large quantity is difficult because of the manual type of production. Proper hygiene standards are not maintained during the processing as it is carried out manually. In the high season when it is available in the market in very large quantity, labors are not available at that time. About 30% to 35 % of the custard apple gets wasted during the height season because it is not in a condition of transport from farm to market place and the post harvesting process is not standardized. Export market is not available because of the non hygienic process. In the market, the value of petals is more than the pulp.
The specialty our “SAFAL” custard apple de-seeding machine is that it separates the petal from the seeds and it does not make pulp out of it. So it is beneficial for the custard apple processors.
To overcome difficulties in processing custard apple, we have been working on the automatic machine since last seven years and finally we, have designed and developed a machine for custard apple processing in which the seed gets separated without disturbing the original shape of the petals. It is been done with food grade material. It has been approved by the National Institute of Design (NID, Ahmadabad). We manufacture the machine under the brand name “SAFAL”.
About invention – “SAFAL” Custard apple de seeding machine.
- Complete petals of custard apple gets separated in natural shape, it does not get crushed. Natural test and aroma preserved.
- This machine is being traded under “SAFAL”registered trademark.
Approximate Capacity of the machine – 20-25 kg finish material per hour
- Power requirement – ½ HP single phases.
- Output on conveyor
- Fully hygienic – no human contact to the pulp is required, all contact parts are made up of
stainless steel 304 and food grade polymers
- Easy to operate
- Recognizedby NID (National Institute of Design)
- Patent filed.
- Not much skilled person is required to run this machine.
- Processing is done very fast.
- “SAFAL” has won the best innovation award of the year from MCCIA ( maratha chember of commerce ,Pune. )
How it works –
Step 1 – The ripen custard apple is taken from the store and brought to the scooping table where the custard apple processing would take place. The laborers part the custard apple into two and scoop the inside material of the custard apple by a scooping tool.
Step 2 – This scooped material is then put on the hopper of the machine. In the hopper of the machine, the petals of the custard apple gets separated which then, comes out on the conveyer. These petals are removed from the conveyer with the help of blade. And then, the seeds are gathered in the seed basket which is detachable from the machine. After certain time, when the seed basket fills up completely with the seeds, it is removed from the machine and it can be emptied in the basket. Thereafter, as those seeds have many medicinal properties, they can be used further.
Step 3 – The petals without seeds which come out from the conveyer are then taken to big flat tray for the inspection where it is seen whether there is any shelf or seed material in the finish material.
Step 4 – After careful inspection of the custard apple petals, the preservative is added if required. Thereafter, this material is vacuum packed in the bag.
Step 5 – After the complete use of the machine, it is cleaned with the water jet and dried with the air blow. Cleaning of the machine is also very easy.
See Below Video:
Extract gains achieved due to said innovation. –
It is been processed manually and one labor could deseed custard apple maximum 12 kg per day, and the cost of labor per kg comes out to be rupees 15 per kg which varies up to Rupees 30 per kg. Proper hygiene is also not maintained during the processing.
With the help of the “Safal” per kg cost of processing is Rs. 3.50 per kg. Comparing to the manual processing, processors could save Rs.11.50. Considering the daily production and the capacity of the machine, in around 100 days the cost of the machine could be recovered. With the help of this machine processors could produce approximately ten times of production in the same number of labors.
The general environmental and social impact –
Attractive features of “SAFAL”
Let us take for example. From the data by national horticulture board, 228.35 thousand tons of custard apple produced in India. According to their figures, there is 30% – 35% loss per year, there is 68.5 thousand tones of custard apple damage and farmers have to throw it. If the machine is utilized at the farm level, at least 70 % of the loss could be avoided. That means 47.95 thousands tons of custard apple could be utilized. The machine process does not need manual work and it is a hygienic process which can increase the export potential of custard apple. The processors will not have to depend on labors. In high season when custard apple is available at very cheap rates, it could be processed and processors could get good profit margin.
See more at – https://www.facebook.com/SAFAL-1579261532401956/
Future plans –
Usually, a commercial processor, who produces custard apple around one ton per day, requires, 5-6 “SAFAL” custard apple de-seeding machines. We have received many enquiries regarding large capacity plants. We have designed custard apple processing plant of capacity 1000 kg / day using 6machines. or Here